New Breast Cancer Screening and Interventional Solutions
Company highlighted Affirm prone breast biopsy system, Lateral Arm accessory for upright biopsy
The Affirm prone biopsy system. Image courtesy of Hologic.
March 14, 2017 — Hologic Inc. highlighted its portfolio of innovative breast cancer screening and interventional products, including new solutions for biopsy workflow, at the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria, March 1-5. The company also hosted a symposium and several educational workshops throughout the show, giving attendees opportunities to experience screening and interventional products that offer unique patient and user benefits and address workflow challenges.
Since its European launch at ECR in 2016, the Affirm prone system — what the company calls the first dedicated prone biopsy system that is upgradable to allow 3-D imaging-guided breast biopsies — has experienced positive clinical and patient feedback, with more than 95 percent of patients indicating in a post-procedure survey that the biopsy experience was faster, more comfortable and less painful than expected. The system provides clinicians with added confidence through high-quality imaging, 2-D and 3-D biopsy capability, faster and easier workflow, and seamless, 360-degree access to the breast.
In addition to the Affirm prone system, Hologic featured a number of other products at ECR, including:
- The Affirm upright biopsy system for the Selenia Dimensions mammography system;
- The new Affirm Lateral Arm accessory for upright biopsy, to improve access to challenging lesion locations and provide additional patient positioning options;
- Eviva and ATEC breast biopsy systems, designed to conduct minimally invasive biopsy procedures under stereotactic, tomosynthesis, ultrasound or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) guidance;
- I-View software for contrast-enhanced digital mammography provides functional imaging information and highly detailed 2-D images that can be combined with Hologic’s 3-D Mammography exam images;
- Low-dose 3-D Mammography exams with C-View software, delivering high-end clinical performance to 2-D mammography for all breast types in a faster, more comfortable and lower dose exam; and
- The Horizon bone densitometry (DXA) system, a single platform for osteoporosis and body composition testing or assessment.
Hologic held the following events at ECR:
- Symposium: A Paradigm Shift in Breast Biopsy Clinical Practice: A European Perspective, featuring Dr. Shirley Go, Dr. Gianfranco Scaperrotta and Dr. Alejandro Tejerina;
- Eight educational workshops on the use and optimization of clinical practice with 3-D Mammography exams and C-View software, the use of I-View software, and new solutions that optimize VABB workflow and patient comfort
For more information: www.hologic.com